Cannes (Photo credit: TOMOYOSHI)
There is no one now or since quite like Marilyn Monroe, and her enduring appeal is understandable and this year, she’s going to Cannes.
The Cannes Film Festival has unveiled their poster for this year, and usual, it’s another beautiful piece of work. Marilyn Monroe is front and center, blowing out the candle for the 65th anniversary of the fest which should start announcing the films any day now….right? The one sheet somes in a long tradition of putting stars front and center, following Faye Dunaway last year and Juliette Binoche in 2010. Past years have seen beauties like Monica Vitti and Marlene Dietrich also grace the marketing materials for the fest. If the concept ain’t broke, why fix it.
- Marilyn Monroe Blows Out The Candle On The Poster For The 65th Cannes Film Festival (imdbfilmmedia.wordpress.com)
- Marilyn Monroe Blows Out The Candle On The Poster For The 65th Cannes Film Festival (imdbfilmnews.wordpress.com)
- Marilyn Monroe is the face of Cannes 2012 (telegraph.co.uk)
- Cannes to honour Marilyn Monroe (nation.com.pk)
- Marilyn Monroe Lives Again In A New Poster For The Cannes Film Festival (pinkisthenewblog.com)
- Marilyn Monroe Snags The Poster For The 65th Cannes Film Festival! (perezhilton.com)
- Marilyn Monroe Wishes the Cannes Film Festival a Happy 65th Birthday (collider.com)
- Marilyn Monroe Picture Used as Poster for Cannes Film Festival (celebs.gather.com)
- Cannes Film Festival: Marilyn Monroe Poster Debuts For 65th Anniversary (imdbfilmnews.wordpress.com)
- Cannes Film Festival: Marilyn Monroe Poster Debuts For 65th Anniversary (PHOTO) (news.moviefone.com)