We’ve heard him say it a million times in the past but Robert Rodriguez has once again claimed that the extremely long-gestating Sin City 2 will begin production this summer. The Austin filmmaker was speaking at the South by Southwest festival on Tuesday and was talkative but refused to confirm which of the large original cast would be returning. However he did reveal that he had held talks already with actors for Sin City 2 and also Machete Kills, adding that casting for both movies will be “of the same caliber and eclecticism” as their respective originals.
Rodriguez says he will shoot Machete Kills, a sequel to his 2009 Grindhouse B-movie actioner in April, before moving on to Sin City 2 in the summer. This backs up Frank Miller’s comments back in October that the Sin City sequel would finally get made this year.
– Matt Holmes
- Robert Rodriguez Says ‘Sin City 2′ Will Film This Summer (imdbfilmnews.wordpress.com)
- Robert Rodriguez Officially Starting Production On ‘Sin City 2,’ Wants Mel Gibson For ‘Machete Kills’ (screencrave.com)
- SIN CITY 2: A DAME TO KILL FOR Is A Go!! (aintitcool.com)
- Michelle Williams & Mel Gibson Being Sought For ‘Machete Kills’ (screenrant.com)
- Robert Rodriguez Considering Michelle Williams and Mel Gibson for MACHETE KILLS; Filming Might Begin in the Next Few Weeks (collider.com)
- Sin City 2 – Movie Sequel News (comicbooked.com)
- It’s Official! SIN CITY: A DAME TO KILL FOR Starts Filming Summer. Michelle Williams, Mel Gibson For Machete Kills? (thepeoplesmovies.com)
- SIN CITY 2 Officially Starts Production! (geektyrant.com)
- ‘Sin City’ 2 officially underway (insidemovies.ew.com)
- Sin City 2 in production (bizzam.wordpress.com)