Image via Wikipedia
Try as he might, Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe is still unable to break free from the spell of the blockbuster fantasy franchise.
Its legacy lives on and the 22-year-old, now on screen in his first post-Potter role in The Woman In Black, is now up for best actor at the Jameson Empire Awards for his performance in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2.
The final Harry Potter film and crime drama Drive dominate the awards with five nominations each.
Up for best actor alongside Radcliffe are Ryan Gosling (Drive), Gary Oldman (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy), Andy Serkis (Rise of the Planet of the Apes) and – despite what I thought was a rather unremarkable performance – Daniel Craig (The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo »
– David Bentley
- Harry Potter Deathly Hallows Part 2 and Drive lead Empire Awards nominations (imdbfilmnews.wordpress.com)
- Emma Watson Glows at the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Premiere (fabsugar.com)
- Emma Watson, Daniel Radcliffe, and More Step Out For Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 Premiere! (fabsugar.com)
- The Return of . . . Harry Potter Character or Nail Polish Shade? (bellasugar.com)
- As Harry Potter Ends, a Look at How the Wizards Grew Up (fabsugar.com)
- Drive and Harry Potter lead Empire nominations (hollywood.com)
- Drive, Tinker Tailor and Harry Potter Lead The Way In Nominations For Jameson Empire Awards 2012 (hollywooddoitagain.wordpress.com)
- Potter and Drive lead Empire nods (bbc.co.uk)
- Olivia Wilde, Agyness Deyn: Jameson Empire Awards 2012 (celebs.gather.com)
- ‘Harry Potter’s Matthew Lewis “proud” of Neville’s heroic scenes (digitalspy.co.uk)